The group discount mechanism creates a win-win for you to get fuller classes and higher profits and for your existing customers to get discounts through viral sharing.
- Your customers who bring friends to your class, and the invited students, get a group discount.
- Every invited student enrolled increases the group discount for all successful inviters and all invited students.
- Enrollments not involved in sharing do not qualify for the discount.
- You will specify an offer end date after which the discount is finalized based on the number of students participating in the group discount.
This feature is only available after you complete setting up getting paid.
Here are the steps to set up a group discount for a session:
1. Go to the session's price-setting section
- From provider dashboard or left menu of your provider profile > Camps & Classes > Sessions List
- Edit the session for which you want to set up the group discount > Go to the Pricing section of the session.
- Check "Encourage sharing with group discount and collect payment at a later date" to show the "Group discount" section.
2. Group discount has four related fields to set up, two are for the discounts, two are for the payment collection.
- Minimum discount and Maximum discount
These two fields are the lowest and highest discounts parents can get in this discount scheme.
To understand the profit you will get, please make a copy of the spreadsheet (below the two fields) and play with the numbers in the spreadsheet. Please follow the screenshot below to make a copy of your own.
The fields in the pink rectangle are your inputs, including the "Discount & price configuration" and "Costs". When your inputs change, the table on the right side will be updated automatically per your inputs, please feel free to play with it to figure out the minimum and maximum discount that works for you to achieve your profit goals.
Once the minimum and maximum discounts are decided, please go back to the Group discount section of your session, input them into the fields.
A link for "Table of discount percentage versus group size" will show up as shown in the Figure below.
Click the link, a pop-up window with a table of participating students and discount will pop up, click "Show the full table" at the bottom will show all the details.
- Payment collection date(s) and Down payment:
Payment collection date(s): The group discount will be calculated on the earliest collection date. Please pick a date after the class cancellation deadline.
Down payment: You can ask your buyers to pay a down payment at the checkout time, and pay the rest minus the group discount in equal installments on the dates you specify.
3. The sessions with group discounts will show the group discount range on the Sessions List page.
What will the parents see
The programs with group discounts will have a banner "Up to xx% discount" to attract parents to such programs. The banner "Share to get up to xx% off" on the session card lets parents share the session.
We also encourage you to ask your existing customers to share. Parents can share the saved or purchased session from the Schedule in their 6crickets user account. The more students invited to enroll, the lower the price for all inviters and invitees.