If you need to collect school fees for your enrichment classes, you will need to set up payment at your school dashboard by connecting your school's Stripe account with 6crickets. It is not necessary to set-up Stripe for the School profile unless you charge a school management fee or would like to collect donations from parents. If you don't already have a Stripe account, or your existing Stripe account is an "express" Stripe account, you will create one in the process.
Note: A standard Stripe account can connect with the 6crickets platform. But special, "express" stripe accounts are not fully owned by a user, they are really owned by a platform the user is a client of. These express stripe accounts cannot connect with the 6crickets platform.
Please follow the steps below:
- Please visit your school dashboard at: https://www.6crickets.com/school-admin
- Please login.
- From the menu to the left, underneath "Basic Set Up", click on "Pricing, Fees, Donations".
- Select "Yes" for the question "Do you charge a fee?", and then go through setting the options to your liking. If you need it, there is a calculator provided to help you.
- Answer all of the questions regarding pricing, fees, and donations as they apply to your school. Click the pink "Save" button at the bottom of the page when finished.
- You will see a button appear below the save button that says "Get Paid through Stripe" (example below). Please click this button to begin connecting your Stripe account.
- Complete all applicable information in the Stripe window that appears, then click the button at the bottom of the window that says "Authorize access to this account". NOTE: If you already have a Stripe account you can just click on the "Sign In" link found at the top right of the pop-up window.
Be sure to read the notes on this page, as they are all very helpful and will give you a good idea of how the "School Fee" blends into the "School Management Fee".
One thing to note is, providers may delay the payment collection to avoid any payment processing fee loss due to low enrollments, or they may split the payment into installments. The school management fee collection will follow the provider's payment collection plan by default. If you want to collect the school management fee at checkout time, please update the answer to the question "When would you like parents to pay the school management fee?" on this page. NOTE: The school management fee will not be split if the smallest piece would be less than $10. This policy helps prevent schools from losing a significant portion of their school fee to the $0.30 per-transaction processing fee.
If you need any help completing these steps or have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, we can be reached via live chat through the blue help button located in the lower right corner of our website.