If you need to gather some additional information that our default registration form does not ask, you can set up custom questions from your School Dashboard.
Set up custom questions:
- From the dashboard or left menu > Student Registration Setup > Customize Registration Form.
- Click on the pink "Add a New Question" button.
- Type in the question.
- Then choose between "Freeform" or "Dropdown".
- Freeform allows parents to type their answers in a text field.
- Dropdown will allow parents to choose from a list of items that you set.
- You will also have the option to choose if the question is required to be answered or not.
- Other options:
- Need this answer for waitlist or lottery: This option is unchecked by default, which means the question will not be present to parents when they add their kids to waitlist or a lottery. If this is a question you want to know for waitlist or lottery students, please check this box.
- Want an answer per session: By default, the custom questions will be asked once no matter how many classes a student registered. A "want an answer per session" question will be asked for each class registration. Check this box if you expect different answers when the student registers for different classes. For example, if you want to know how the student will go back home after the class, and some students will be picked up on Monday, but attend another class on Wednesday.
- Ask the students who register for all sessions or selected ones: By default, the custom questions will be applied to all sessions, which means, no matter which session a student registers, they will be asked. However, you can ask a custom question only when students register for some selected sessions.
- Use the filter on the left to narrow down the session list, then select all matching sessions or select a few of them.
- Click "Save" once you have set up the question to your liking.
Special custom questions:
Several special custom questions can be set up from the school dashboard.
- Homeroom question: The homeroom, teacher's name or the combination of the two can be set up as dropdown list. Parents can select their homeroom teacher when checking out a session, their answers will be homeroom options on the unified roster page (details).
- Pickup Question: Ask parents where their students will go after the class. The answers will be shown on the printed roster.
- Pickup Note Question: Ask parents to leave a note for student pickup. The answers will be shown on the printed roster.
- Scholarship Question: Ask parents a scholarship-related question, input a list of <answer,discount-code>, the scholarship can then be assigned automatically based on the parent's answer.
View the answers to the custom questions:
- The answers to all regular custom questions and the first three special custom questions can be shown on the roster page (how-to article).
- The answers to these questions can be viewed from each child's registration information.
- You can also set up a custom roster so you can have a list of these answers easily available. Here is a link to an article on how to create custom rosters: How to create a custom roster from the School Dashboard.