If you want to run a lottery for a class on 6crickets, you will use the waitlist feature to gather students that are interested in taking the class. Once you are ready to draw students, you will use the lottery function to draw and send invites to the winning students' parents.
When the invite is sent, the class is automatically added to the parent's cart, and an email is sent to the parent notifying them that they won a spot, along with instructions on how to complete registration. Setting up and running the lottery is very simple, and this article shows you how to do it.
First, you want to make sure the maximum number of seats for a session is set to zero. This will enable the waitlist feature when registration opens. When registration opens, parents will be able to add their children to the waitlist for sessions they are interested in.
Once you are ready to make the draw, you will access the lottery options from the "Sessions & Rosters" page on the Provider Dashboard. It doesn't matter if registration is still open or if it's closed. Note that when registration closes, the class is no longer listed.
To get to the lottery options follow these steps on the Provider Dashboard (https://www.6crickets.com/provider):
- From the menu to the left, under "Camps & Classes", click on "Sessions List".
- Find the session you want to run the lottery for and click on the "Waitlist: #" link, then click on "Draw a lottery" at the top of the waitlist.
- Enter the number of students you wish to randomly draw, then click on the "Draw a lottery" button to the right. Students will be randomly selected based on the number you entered.
- Then click "Invite Selected Students".
- You will be presented with an email window. You can edit the email as you wish, and then click "Send Email" when you are done.
Once the parents receive the email they can follow the "checkout" link in the message, and complete registration.
NOTE: The seat quota does NOT need to be adjusted for students invited from the waitlist. Also, be sure to let parents know that they will need to add their kids to the waitlist to be entered into the lottery. You can also note this in the description of your program.