Once a parent requests a cancellation from their end, you will get an email notification. You can then easily issue a refund per your cancellation policy and unenroll the student from a class or camp roster through your Provider Dashboard.
Step 1: find the student.
There are two ways to find a student from your provider dashboard.
- Option 1: From the Rosters page: from the dashboard or the left menu > Roster & analytics > Rosters (Refund, Attendance, Add Stude... > find the session the student is in (inputting some keywords or changing filters as indicated below can help you locate the session) > click the "Enrolled: #" link of the session > Click the "Refund" button beside the student's name.
- Option 2: From the Browse students & parents page: from the dashboard or the left menu > Roster & analytics > Browse students & parents > Enter the Student's or Parent's name to search > Click the appropriate Parent or Student name from your search results > Click the "Refund" button beside the session (details about Browse students & parents).
Step 2: Make the refund and/or unenroll the student.
- If you wish to unenroll the student from the roster, mark the checkbox in front of their name.
- Input the amount you want to refund or credit.
- Enter $0 if you want to unenroll the student without refunding.
- If all or part of the payment for the session is scheduled to be collected on one or more future dates, you will also need to make a refund accordingly, else, the payment will be charged in full as scheduled. The refund for the scheduled payment will cancel the scheduled payment (or part of it).
- Enter a note for the parent as needed.
- Click the Preview button to confirm the details before making the refund.
What happens after making a refund from your provider dashboard?
- If the payment has been collected, Stripe will try to withdraw the refund amount from your Stripe account. If there is not enough balance in your Stripe account, Stripe will withdraw from the bank account connected with your Stripe account to process the refund.
- A notification email will be sent to parents and you, subject "Refund of <program name> from <provider name>".
- Parents will receive their refund within 5 to 10 business days.
- If the payment hasn't been collected, the refund will cancel all or some of the scheduled payments, depending on the refund amount.
- A notification email will be sent to parents and you, subject "Credit for <program name> from <provider name>, explaining how much has been credited, and how much they still need to pay on which future dates after the credit.
- Keep in mind that Stripe processing fees are not refundable. You can take advantage of the delayed or installment payment feature to avoid the possible refund loss due to low enrollment.
- Please ALWAYS make the refund from your provider dashboard, NEVER make any refund from your Stripe account. When a refund is issued from your Stripe account, the refund will not go directly to parents and 6crickets will not be notified. That's why the description we attach to every payment ends with ** REFUND AT 6CRICKETS.COM, NOT STRIPE.COM. Please ALWAYS interact with your 6crickets provider/school dashboard for refunds.
- For installment payments: All installment charges and payment dates get locked in at the point of purchase. The refund amount is first used to reduce future payments, then to return money from past payments. Updating the installment dates of a session later applies only to future registrations, it does not apply to existing registrations.
- For monthly subscription sessions: Please update the subscription end date on the Refund page to a day before the end date of the current period (last paid period shown on the Refund page) to avoid any charges in the future.
- Refund policy of credit card processing fee
- Set up installment payments or delayed payments
- How do I cancel a class or session from the Provider Dashboard?
- What if our Stripe balance is $0 when we make the refund?