If you want to collect district fees for your enrichment classes, you will need to set up payment at your district dashboard by connecting your district's Stripe account with 6crickets. It is not necessary to set-up Stripe for the district profile unless you charge a district management fee or would like to collect donations from parents. If you don't already have a Stripe account, or your existing Stripe account is an "express" Stripe account, you will create one in the process.
Note: A standard Stripe account can connect with the 6crickets platform. But special, "express" stripe accounts are not fully owned by a user, they are really owned by a platform the user is a client of. These express stripe accounts cannot connect with the 6crickets platform.
From the dashboard or left menu of the district profile > Basic setup > Pricing, fees, donations:
- Select “Yes” for the question “Do you charge a fee?”, and then go through setting the options to your liking. If you need it, there is a calculator provided to help you.
- Answer all of the questions regarding pricing, fees, and donations as they apply to your district. Click the pink “Save” button at the bottom of the page when finished.
- You will see a button appear below the save button that says “Get Paid through Stripe”. Please click this button to begin connecting your Stripe account.
- If you already have a Stripe account, you can just click on the “Sign In” link found at the top right of the pop-up window.
To set up a new Stripe account, complete all applicable information in the Stripe window that appears, then click the button at the bottom of the window that says “Authorize access to this account”.
Note: Providers may delay the payment collection to avoid any payment processing fee loss due to low enrollments or they may split the payment into installments.
- By default, the school management fee collection will follow the provider’s payment collection plan.
- If you want to collect the school management fee at checkout time, please update the answer to the question “When would you like parents to pay the school management fee?” on this page.
- The school management fee will not be split if the smallest piece would be less than $10. This policy helps prevent schools from losing a significant portion of their school fee to the $0.30 per-transaction processing fee.